Thursday, March 24, 2011

Next Door - Montclair, NJ

No picture to share on this one because I ate it to fast!  This burger was just ranked in NJ Magazine from a Burger cook-off. It won. And rightly so!  I went with my friend Linda who is always up for a food challenge.  We ordered our burger and then requested to take a look at the dinner menu.  As we took a look, almost immediately we both uttered the words "caramelized onion risotto with blue cheese?"!  We called the waitress over and inquired if the chef might have any back in the kitchen during the lunch hour that we could try.  To our delight, she returned to the table to say that the chef would make an order for us to share.  Can I just tell you how good this stuff was?  Truly one of the best risotto dishes I've ever had in a restaurant.  That sure started the day off well.  Just as we were putting our forks down, the burger showed up. 12 oz. burger cooked perfectly. You could smell the grill.  Set on a brioche bun, covered with aged cheddar and caramelized onions- this burger delivers.  We both loved every bite.  Highly recommend hitting this place.  It's nothing special as far as atmosphere, in fact you'd probably walk by it and never know it's there.  Look it up and GO.  I'll be back for both the burger AND the risotto!  Next time I'll try to stop and take a picture. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment