Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hodad's, Ocean Beach/San Diego, CA

http://www.hodadies.com/









This is a Guy Fieri/Food Network "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" selection.  I lobbied my women's coaching group to pile in cars to get to this burger haven.  I was a bit nervous that they'd hate it and I'd hear about it for years.  I was very happy when I saw the place and knew instinctively that it just HAD TO BE GOOD! And it was better than that!  This is a great surf joint near the bear with lots of personality and a line to wait in. It's worth the wait. They chop their bacon and render it down into bacon patties that get put right on the burger so you never miss a bite of bacon.  Fries and onion rings are killer!  It's a must do while in the San Diego area.  Please go!  Bon Appetit and thanks to my non-red-meat eating friend Kathie for her pictures of this fine meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment